Owning a Pet May Be Good for Your Heart
Being smart about your heart can keep you healthy. Here are seven facts to amaze yourself and share with those you care about:
- Broken heart syndrome is a real condition with similar symptoms to a heart attack, but rarely fatal.
- Laughter is good for your heart. It reduces stress and boosts your immune system.
- Having sex can help lower your blood pressure and risk of heart disease.
- It’s possible that bacteria in your mouth can have an effect on your heart, so don’t neglect brushing your teeth.
- Ten minutes of exercise, three times a day, counts as your 30 minutes of recommended exercise.
- One to three cups of coffee or black tea per day may help lower heart disease risk, according to the American Heart Association.
- Owning a pet may lower your chances of dying from heart disease, according to the National Institutes of Health.